Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Well I'm thirty now apparently.
I don't feel any different.
Certainly not wiser...

Anyone hoping to grab a copy of my new Tongue of the Dead trade this weekend at the BICS is advised to pray/meditate for it to arrive in time from the printers. I'll have plenty of other comics on the day if it doesn't turn up, so it's not a total loss.

This week's Belly Button Bubble Chronicles was on time this week. Wooo-hoooo! Episode 7 - only another... Erm... 45 to go.


I love this image...



which from the publicity pack for the English Touring opera, who are at the Hackney Empire this month.
Isn't it great?

Over at CBR.cc Justin Jordan explains what misery trying to sell your wares to a publisher at a comics convention can be. I'm glad he said it!
(Although I did lose a few pounds walking round the San Diego ComiCon last year, so it's not all bad).

"It offers little more than a series of pin-ups where even a karate kick to the face depends on knowledge of recent DC continuity. What a weird book."
Tom Spurgeon is great, here he is explaining why the latest issue of JLA isn't all that great. I have a few friends that receive a box of comics from DC every month, with the expectation that they'll review them somewhere a least occasionally. I'm guessing Tom doesn't want to join that gang.

The ColourLovers site is a great resource for anyone looking for interesting colour palettes for anything from web to interior design. This post made me chuckle though (and think...)
Colour inspiration from beer and lager.



And from that site I found a link to this - the original Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by Baum and Denslow at the US Library of Congress Digital Collection. Really, check it out, it's lovely!

And this website caught my eye - FreelanceFolder. It's packed full of good advice for freelancers, and I've already learned something useful from it after only discovering it yesterday.


OK - that's it from me, I'm getting back to work.
I hope you're all enjoying my Belly Button, and I hope to see some of you this weekend in Birmingham. Drop by and say 'hi', even if we don't know each other.

As always I'll be sharing a table with Marvel writers extraordinaire, Douglas Noble and Daniel Merlin Goodbrey.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...