Monday, December 15, 2003

Well this weekend the allies managed to capture Saddam.
I think I caught a cold.
Anyway - he looks more like Santa Claus to me than the recently ousted Iraqi dictator. If Bush and Blair have spoiled Christmas for the world's youth they'll be laughing on the other side of their face come 2004, I think we'll all agree.

Apart from that the weekend brought a Christmas party in my house, a birthday party in the West End (I'm getting too old to queue for an hour to get into a bar now... Although I doubt I would have bothered when I was eighteen) and ice skating in the Millennium Dome.

I also caught up with some comic reading, and finished colouring my Christmas card images (while watching Finding Nemo on the telly with Ang, Jane and Spud).
Now I just need to send them.

My friend Eck had a baby girl, who looks nothing like her father, to the relief of all involved.

It's a funny age to be, 26 (I nearly typed 25 there - I knew I was in denial about something!) as most of my friends back home are paired off and settled, making babies and homes and all things grown up, while down here in Never Never Land we're all still living, or trying to live, the same way we did when we were twenty. How long can it last I wonder?
Ask me again in a year's time.
Something tells me I'll have a better idea by then.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...