Tuesday, January 08, 2013




That's right - the Mayans were wrong and we made it to 2013!

And I can't believe how close it is to the 2013 of my childhood dreams. Flying cars, hoverboards and robots that are happy to sit and discuss existential philosophy with you while you play chess with them in the park.  Wait no... I meant I can't believe how close it is to the 2013 of my paranoid teenage dreams - a rampant conservative government, demonising the poor and disabled - while somehow managing to turn a profit on them at the same time, widespread economic misery and vapid reality television on every channel.

I think I pitched the synopsis for last year as a Future Shock to 2000AD when I was fifteen.

Anyway - I hope you have a fantastic 2013 and that you get everything you could possibly hope for, as long as it's legal wherever you live and doesn't impede anyone else's pursuit of happiness.

My plan for 2013 is to keep writing and drawing and maybe start blogging again. I've been waiting until I redesign my website - but every time I get close to doing that I think of something else I want to include and push the whole thing back another month for 'research'.

I hope your plans are even more ambitious!

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...