Monday, March 07, 2005

So anyway – went to Reykjavik at the weekend with a couple of mates. As I was pulling night shifts at the drawing board all last week I wasn’t in the right time zone by the time we set off. In fact come the morning of departure I’d managed just under four hours sleep the night before.
Which is pretty much all I got for the rest of the trip.

Damon Albarn, of Blur, was on our flight with his little daughter. He didn’t look like he wanted to be bothered, so everyone left him alone.
I think I might have looked much the same, but it was the weekend so everyone ignored how I looked.

We partied hard all weekend (in Damon Albarn’s bar for a bit on the Friday), ate fine food (in the same place as Damon Albarn on Saturday) and went to the Blue Lagoon to recharge our batteries on both Saturday and Sunday.

Damon Albarn was only there on the Sunday.

I know Iceland is sparsely populated, but what are the chances of meeting the same Britpop celeb all three days I ask you?

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...