Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Okay.
About sixty people have visited this Journal since I politely requested that each visitor send me an e-mail and tell me their name.
Nothing else.
I didn’t want cash.
Or food.
Or to borrow your loved ones for the evening.
Just an e-mail.

Sixty people read this request.
Guess how many responses I got?

One.

Thank you to future comics superstar James Morris.
Take a bow, sir.

Can we try this one more time? I’ll put the link here, in the body of the post, so you don’t even have to roll your mouse to the top of the screen.
mailMe

Go on… Click on it.

James Sime, owner of Isotope Comics in San Francisco, shares A Thought On Life…

What do you want out of your life? What do you want to leave behind?

Most people are afraid to do what they want with their lives and go after their dreams because it's too much hard work or because they think doing so is just too risky. Me, I think that not taking your best shot at doing what you want is the most risky thing of all, because on your deathbed you're never going to say, "I wish I hadn't spent so much time achieving my dreams," or "gee, I wish I had spent more time at some soul crushing job working for the man." Trust me when I tell you that I'm doing exactly what I want with my life and I couldn't be happier. And there's one simple, easy truism equation that always keeps me focused...

If the fourteen year old James Sime had any idea what the thirty four year old James Sime is doing with his life, the fourteen year old James Sime would shit his pants.

Which I liked a lot.

My latest project, kwot, is mostly finished. I think I have about a day and a half of digital ‘post production’, and however long the cover and book design take. After that I’m going to try and ram my way through my follow up to Awkward Fascination, which will be cheerily titled Almost Dead.

With any luck both will be ready for the Uk Web and Mini Comix Thing at Stepney Green in 17 days time. Speaking of which, the organiser of this fabulous event has kindly reviewed some of my work at his website.
Quick soundbite:
‘David Baillie rules!’

I’m quite chuffed with that.

Here’s a banner:

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...