Friday, January 30, 2004

Hmmm... Hutton, Blair and Dyke... Grumble, grumble.
I'm not a fan of Greg Dyke, he started off acting like he was untouchable in this whole fiasco, but I do think it defies belief that Alistair Campbell and his cohorts (Blair included) escaped from the Hutton judgement completely unscathed. But you don't need me to tell you that - there is more than enough commentary elsewhere on the web by people who understand the situation far better.

If you can get through to it.

Mydoom has slowed down normal internet operation this week - my site is very sluggish as the web server machine is also a mail server, and it's being bombarded with filthy virus constantly.
My personal firewall has picked up lots of probing from the outside world, which might be this:
"Already security firms have reported an increase in scanning for infected machines which suggests someone is preparing to use these machines for another purpose. "
And might not be.

Grumble, grumble over.

This week I'll be seeing lots of Manga films, Robots Stories and Tamala 2010 (and probably lots of Sci Fi short stories in the bar too) at Sci Fi London 3.
I'll also be tinkering with my new laptop, drawing footballers and returning to my first draft of my Party script.

I won't be suing Marvel, and Marvel won't be suing me - but it seems everyone else is in on it. Poor Spider-Man, I feel sorry for him - being tarnished by the dirt of litigation. I feel sorry for Steve Ditko too - he's not going to get anything regardless of the outcome of any of this.

It's Ang's birthday today, my Web Journal's (1st) birthday tomorrow and Jane's mum's birthday on Monday.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...