Sunday, January 11, 2009

You know how I said the other day that I was going to try running twice a week? I might not start this week.

The route I'd run along, if I were to run, is alongside the canal, which cuts through Victoria Park and brushes past the funky new outdoor gym that Adidas has built for the youth of Tower Hamlets. Great for running along - picturesque, peaceful, the whole deal. There's even wildlife - ducks, some (very hardy) fish and I swear I once met a family of turtles down there. (No one believes me, of course).

Anyway I just walked across a footbridge crossing said canal and spied a solitary Canada goose. It looked a bit baffled, and now that I took the time to stop and look, something did look out of the ordinary. After a short while I realised that it was wondering why
a) it was having trouble getting below the surface of the water
b) what the big cuboid-ish thing in its way was.

And so was I.

The answers of course are...
a) the canal's bloody frozen
b) someone had scooted a wheely bin onto the icecube canal, and it has stopped halfway across and just sat there. Bet it wasn't their own.





PS. New style - bet you can't even tell the difference, can you? Why do I bother?

By the time you read this, I'll probably be in Paris, working away on The Paris Job, so I'll leave you with some stuff to be getting on with.

A selection of columns by Frankie Boyle for the Daily Record
A selection of George Bush's greatest hits up at the BBC
A brilliant wall painting animation


No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...