Tuesday, August 01, 2006

It’s too late for this.

I have to be up at 6 am, my Internet connection is broken (a quick thank you to my neighbours who very kindly forgot to put any security on their wi-fi network) and I am very tired.

Two quick things worth bringing to your attention - regardless of who you are!

1. A very good interview at the Forbidden Planet Blog with Dez Skinn, Baz Renshaw, Matt Badham, Rich Johnston and John Freeman. My favourite response…
FPI: This is something I’ve asked several folks recently, but if you had to recommend some titles for someone who wasn’t really a comics reader but wanted to take the plunge, what would you suggest?

Matthew: Kane by this country’s Eisner, Paul Grist. Anything by David Baillie and anything by Sean Azzopardi, two unsung and very talented writers.”

2. I also merit a mention in this week’s Lying in the Gutters (the most popular and longest running comics column on the internet)
“Next weekend, the longest running British comics convention, CAPTION, kicks off in Oxford, this year with a "remix" theme. As well as the best of the UK small press in attendance, there will be workshops, exhibitions, jam sessions and presentations. 2000AD and Megazine will make an appearance along with sessions from the likes of Al Davison, Neill Cameron, Matthew Badham, Dez Vylenz, Andy Luke, David Baille and Leon Hewitt.”

Next update – two anecdotes from San Diego and some images…
Probably…

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...