Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I’ve spent the last few days seeing things that you can’t. Or you can’t yet, anyway.

On Sunday night we went to see the partially staged preview of a musical based on Little Women (not the current off-Broadway version – another one). It was narrated by Sandi Toksvig and had Dillie Keane in a starring role. It was mostly very good, although I don’t think everyone that was there agrees with me.

Last night Joel took me to the press screening of Everything is Illuminated at the Warner Borthers offices. The cinema was lovely (as nice as the Fox Studio cinema in Soho Square), the wine was free and the film was excellent.
I wish I’d read Jonathan Foer’s novel first, though.

Little Women will be in the West End in 2007 and Everything is Illuminated will be in UK cinemas in about a month. I feel like I’m living in the future…
(I don’t really, I just feel like I should be getting back to work…)

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...