Tuesday, June 07, 2005

This week I saw, and enjoyed:

Annie, as performed by the Finchley Children’s Choir, who put most adult musical theatre companies (a few names come readily to mind actually…) to shame by pulling together such a great version of the show in something just shy of thirty hours.

Sin City which, to paraphrase almost everyone else who has seen it, kicked ass. Although I have to admit, it took me twenty minutes to get into it. I couldn’t help thinking ‘Well this is exactly the same as the comics - why bother?’
Then the themes of the stories started to layer over each* and I thought this is really works.
Of course, being so faithful to Miller’s original vision, it is extremely violent, so it's not for the faint of heart.

*I stopped short of using the sentence I originally intended to, which contained the phrase ‘thematic superposition’.
Some things are best left in your brain…

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...