Thursday, June 02, 2005

A posting of musical vagueries today…

I was caught unawares by a busker today playing an instrument called a hang (but pronounced ‘hung’). It’s a metallic percussion instrument, Swiss in origin, and it sounds amazing. I may just have to purchase one…
More info here and here.

Walking down Villiers Street at lunchtime today I was drawn to the small nearby green bit (a park, the name of which I know not) by beautiful music. I ended up sitting by the pavilion there for about an hour, listening to Jazz being effortlessly played by a band that I think might have been called the John Statterton Hot Four.

While sitting there, in the lovely mild sunshine, I also soaked up the great Craig Thompson interview in this month’s Comics Journal.
(Outakes from which can be found here…)

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...