Thursday, May 26, 2005

Well Star Wars was fantastic. I got the same goosebumps watching the scrolling titles as I did watching the new Doctor Who intro – I think it’s the exhilaration of seeing a new instalment of something I used to get so excited about as a kid.

I was curious as to how they were going to make the story compelling, given that everyone knows how it ends, and how they were going to have anything other than a miserable down-beat ending. Well they managed it. This is truly worthy of being called a Star Wars film.

I kind of wish I’d made more of an effort to make it to the Celebration Day event. I definitely would have been applauding with the rest of them (although I reckon that the swishing of toy light sabres might have pissed me off).

Baz from Engine comics was there and has a great write-up.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...