Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Someone asked what ‘heavy rock’ I listen to, after my post of a couple of days ago. They made some suggestions, but as I told them, I really don’t consider anything ‘heavy rock’ or ‘metal’ unless it makes your ears bleed after an hour or so. At the top of my CD pile (and mp3 pile for when I’m working somewhere other than home) are System of a Down, Slipknot, Headswim and Korn.

No one’s asked about the classical music I prefer, but the corresponding list is (or at least includes) Ravel, Bach and Cage. I’m also a big fan of Steve Reich. Minimalist background music is perfect for some kinds of creative work, I find.

Reich is also composer of the week over at Radio 3, so if you haven’t heard of him, you’re in luck!

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...