Wednesday, May 16, 2007



Back (and almost recovered) from the Bristol Comics Expo, and straight back to the drawing board, as they say.

Click here for the 15 Coolest Firefox Tricks Ever... Although be careful with number 12, for ethical reasons. (See the comments for more information.)

Two strange things from the weekend (completely apart from any of the comics-related strangeness)

  • While passing, I happened to comment that the Bristol Old Vic was the oldest continuously-in-use theatre in all of the land. When I got back I found out that its unbroken run isn't going to last for much longer.

  • After seeing a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah band t-shirt at the convention, I told Leon about an excellent tribute act - The Gonzo Dog-Do Bar Band - I'd seen at the Edinburgh Fringe a couple years ago. Then I find out that they played at Alan Moore's wedding on Saturday.
Strange, huh?


A report will be materialising shortly at DownTheTubes.net, by myself and mssrs Badham and Hewitt, but until then you'll have to make do with some photos.


Dal Toonedelic, Sally Anne Hickman, Dan Goodbrey, Jay Eales, Doug Noble, Leon Hewitt and Joel Meadows.




Pixie-like Bridgeen Gillespie, Pinteresque Paul Rainey and Burlesque Leon Hewitt



Sunset from the hotel room



A sketch of yours truly, very kindly provided by Joseph Elliot-Coleman



The canal (we crossed it at least a dozen times before eating on Sunday)


And from the road trip back home with Joel:










And while I'm uploading from the camera, here's one for the archives - Bridgeen and Matt 'Who are You calling a Small Press?' Badham dancing at the 2000AD 30th Birthday Party a couple of weeks ago. There's a prize for anyone who can guess the tune playing from their moves.

1 comment:

Baz said...

I'm guessing there was no music. At all.

I wish i was there just to see that. Priceless.

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...