Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Herring fillets in mustard and dill sauce with brown rice.
Mmmmmm...

Just before this break I was listening to Radio 7 while composing a page in Illustrator and I discovered that they're serialising William Gibson's Pattern Recognition. I tuned in on the 'listen again', all the more eager because it's the only Gibson novel I didn't finish. (I put it down, not quite convinced by parts of it, meaning to pick it up again - that was a few years ago). Unfortunately it's an abridged version, but it was enough to remind me that there was a lot there to like, so I will get round to reading it again soon.

Last year I illustrated Heart Sense - a user's guide to the heart. And I like taking naps. So this was interesting:
Taking 40 winks in the middle of the day may reduce the risk of death from heart disease, particularly in young healthy men, say researchers.
I'm a big fan of Tom Williams' stuff, so I was pleased to see him being interviewed over at The Pulse. Some really nice artwork there too.

Right - I've had lunch, now I'm off to listen to Dad Made Me Laugh, one of the best things on radio at the moment. Last week's episode with Chic Murray's daughter was brilliant - wish I'd taped it. This week they talk to Leonard Rossiter's daughter.

The herring was delicious.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...