Friday, September 29, 2006

Forbidden Planet interview current X-Men and Ultimate Fantastic Four (among many other titles) Mike Carey this week. He very kindly mentions me in one of his responses.
Do I watch the UK indie scene? Probably not as much as I should... There are some huge talents out there. I love what David Baillie is doing, for example.
And I also appear over on Paul Gravett’s website, in his ComICA listings
The Official UK 24 Hour Comics Day Kick-Off
For the first time, this one-day worldwide phenomenon of comics creativity, the brainchild of American guru Scott McCloud, author of Understanding Comics, hits the UK. Be there when the Comica team of cartoonists (including Steven Appleby from the Guardian and Telegraph, the Le Gun crew and David Baillie) start creating their spontaneous 24-page comics to be completed within the next 24 hours. This is an official 24 Hour Comics Day and The Big Draw event.
Where: Brandon Room, ICA
When: Friday 6 October 2006, 10-11pm
Free with Day Membership
I’ll be back in a day or so with more details about the 24 Hour Comic event, and what you can do to help… I’ll give you a clue, you should start looking for spare change now, and it’s for a good cause.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...