Thursday, August 17, 2006

He’s won three Piston Cups!
He’s done what in his cup?
I saw Cars yesterday morning, while you were all at work, and it was great. If you’re a cinema critic and you gave it a bad review in whatever rag it is your purpose in life to provide content for, and if you had anything but kind things to say about said film, I have a few words for you:
Go buy a clue my friend! I understood it had received a somewhat lukewarm reception and so I wasn’t sure what to expect. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be fantastic. I’m guessing that these so-called-journalists were simply uncomfortable having an emotional response to a story acted out by computer-generated characters. That or they went to see a different film.

John Lasseter rules!

In other news, I attended the launch party for the quite frankly awesome Modern Monstrosity Presents… Anthology in Clapham last night. And it was the busiest, funkiest comics launch party I’ve ever been to. When was the last comics party you went to where one of the creators got up and rapped? When was the last comics party you went to where they had a human beatbox? When was the last comics party you went to where it was so rammed full of people it was a mission getting to the toilet?

For anyone who has invested in said anthology you may have noticed that a slight printing error makes my contribution a little difficult to read, so I’m reprinting the individual cartoons here for your delectation. Here is part one…



And now, back to work.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...