- Half price roses – get your half price roses here. Six pound per dozen.
- Excuse me…
- Yesterday you were selling twelve roses for thirty pounds.
- Tha’s right.
- But half of thirty is fifteen…
- Indeed, sir. Your grasp of the mathematics is to be admired.
- So why are you pretending that you were selling your roses for only twelve pounds yesterday?
- Because if I remind any of these gentlemen passing that they paid thirty quid for a dozen flowers that’ll last no more than a day or two, they’ll probably burst into tears and that’ll put off today’s customers.
- You think that’s likely?
- Only one day of the year a man’s mad enough to shell out that sort o’ money. Paid for my holiday to Barbados this year it ‘as.
- I’ll take six.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...
This week 2000AD Prog 1827 lands in newsagents and comics shops all over the world. Among the riches on offer (such as brilliant episodes of...
Crazy busy week - but I thought I'd better write a quick blog about upcoming events and how to find me if that's the sort of thing y...