Saturday, January 15, 2005

Just been watching a Dudley Moore TV biography.

I'm a huge fan of Moore and Cook, and I think it's a shame that Moore's genius is sometimes overlooked - perhaps because he was the one that got all the breaks (eg. Hollywood and the gaggle of blonde admirers that brought) people feel they need to give more support to the 'underdog'.

Did you know that after Dudley got a music scholarship to the Guidhall School of Music (where Jenny now teaches singing for those keeping track) he was also granted one to Oxford University.
This was unprecedented for a working class lad from Dagenham and his old secondary school took a half-day holiday as celebration.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...