Friday, January 21, 2005

BBC2’s Horizon special on Einstein last night was very good, although I do have a couple of issues with it.

Firstly, they dramatised the taking of the famous tongue-sticking-out photograph, but with a much older Einstein than we’re familiar seeing in that pose.
Secondly, he had much better handwriting than the scrawl that we were constantly shown while he was working at chunks of mathematics.

Much more accurate is the depiction of Scottish women in the second part of Jack and the Scotsman (Samurai Jack that is) which was absolutely hilarious.

She’s not fat.
She’s stout.
(Although it’s more the temperament they’ve managed to get spot on – and I’m allowed to say that, being a Scot!)

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...