Thursday, December 09, 2004

I saw Blade Trinity last night and, despite what the early US reviews were saying yesterday, it's actually pretty good. I thought it was much better than the second one anyway. My only problems with it were Wesley's terrible choice of footwear and some corny lines.
My companion for the evening, Jane, wasn’t so sure.

Today I saw The Life and Death of Peters Sellers, which I’ve been looking forward to for absolutely ages. I really enjoy biopics, especially when they’re about someone I admire. I didn’t know all that much about Sellers before the film, but left knowing perhaps more than I wanted to. It was a great film, don’t get me wrong - I just wasn’t sure if I liked the Peter Sellers that was in the film (by that I don’t mean Geoffrey Rush, who was amazing – I mean the version that we the audience got to see) and wonder how accurate a representation of the man’s life it was.

Tonight I’m going to see a live recording of an interview with Alan Moore. I don’t usually get all fanboy-ish over meeting people whose work I like but I think outside of Philip K Dick and Kurt Cobain (who are of course both dead now, so I’ll never get the chance) Moore is the only ‘celebrity’ that I’d really go out of my way to see in the flesh.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...