Saturday, November 13, 2004

You can’t please all of the people all of the time.
That we know.

The best illustration of this maxim I have encountered in some time can be found in the most recent issue of Red Eye magazine (which I thoroughly recommend you buy and read, incidentally).
My comics work is reviewed twice in this prestigious publication.
The first reviewer isn’t very impressed with my writing, my artwork or my philosophies and lets the reader know in under ten lines. Immediately beneath this, however, is a glowing review, which is about four times the length of the first and praises everything from my draughtsmanship to my decision to distribute the comics free at the Bristol convention this year. If you removed the names from the reviews you wouldn’t believe that they’re discussing the same work.
Oh well.

Have a sniffle today.
Decided to go to Mr McKee’s Masterpiece Seminar on Monday. If nothing else it is guaranteed to be entertaining.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...