Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Five years in London is enough to make anyone a grumpy bastard.
Even me.

I've learned things about this country in the last six months I really wish I hadn't. This has made me twice as grumpy as I should be. I’ll probably write about it sometime. When it's far enough in the past to be funny.

I'm toying with the idea of going to Robert McKee's Masterpiece lecture next Monday, somewhere in central London. I can't decide if it's really just a handholding exercise for those that struggled with the material in Story. If that’s the case then that would be a waste of time.
And I'm not in the mood for a refresher course either. He did a trio of lectures on genre earlier this year, of which the comedy one sounded most interesting. If it was one of those I think I'd be more inclined.

Doing a lot of swimming and punch bag work at the moment, in a stress busting drive. In fact I'm writing this in my gym canteen. If anyone is waiting on a response to a week old e-mail I have a new excuse - I'm working on my front crawl.
Reading this week includes : Watership Down, a bit more of Cerebus, the Manga life story of Warren Buffet and My Faith in Frankie (kindly signed by Mike Carey - the author).

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...