Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Good afternoon.

Well let's see - what's happened since the last time I was here?
I spent a lovely weekend in Genoa with the young lady. Genoa is the European City of culture this year - unfortunately they don't appear to have given the Genoese sufficient warning of this as they still seem to be building whole chunks of it. Hopefully they'll have it finished by the summer.

I also saw my first opera - in Italian, in Italy, which I'm told is the best way to do it.
It was the Marriage of Figaro, and I really enjoyed it. I'd comment on it, but I'm really not qualified to do so - although now I see what Art Speigelman means about the similarity between the subtitles above the stage and speech balloons in comics.
Good stuff.

I bought a new laptop (an absolute beast of a Sony Vaio) that definitely won't grind to a halt as I'm colouring large images in Photoshop.
Good stuff.

I'd normally make all sorts of grumpy comments on current news stories, but I'm blissfully unaware of the world around me today. And that's the way I think I'll keep it until the end of the week, if at all possible.

It's SCI-FI weekend in London, and I might do one of those only-for-the-hardcore all cinema all-nighters, even though I'm not all that hardcore.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...