Monday, March 17, 2008

Hello again

As mentioned in last week's Belly Button, someone's been kind enough to pre-nominate me for an Eagle Award in the Best Newcomer Writer category. While it's beneath me to beg, if you do feel like voting for me here's the link. (PS. Newcomer? Pfah! I been doin' this for years.)

Two new Elephant Words since last time I updated the blog:
Koan of the Space Buddha and 352.
Hope you like them.

I've just listened to Humphrey Lyttelton's very last The Best of Jazz show after 40 years on the job. I hope the BBC offer up some repeats from the archives to fill the void...

I've also just bought a book by James Tiptree Jnr on eBay. If the name doesn't ring a bell then you should read this... (A great author is often an engrossing story in their own right, and probably none more so than Tiptree!)

Some other stuff to keep you entertained:
A great article about Rudolphe Topffer (the great great grandfather of comics) by Chris Ware.
MAD cartoonist Tom Richmond teaches us all how to caricature (in three easy chapters!)
Frozen in Grand Central Station (YouTube video)
Why you should think twice about supporting China with your tourist dollar.
Another great essay from Clive James for the BBC (this time on privacy)
This guy is a ready-made character for any story you might be writing. Right?

And in other news I've started using FoxyTunes with Firefox and am pretty damn impressed. Although I'm not sure about its blog-appender. I'll give it a go...

----------------
Now playing: Boards Of Canada - In A Beautiful Place (Groove Salad: a nicely chilled plate of ambient beats and grooves. [SomaFM])
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...