Saturday, February 24, 2007

Last night I dreamt that I was surfing the web and came across Bugpowder. Noting that it hadn't been updated for a while I emailed Dan Fish and asked if everything was okay. He said everything was great - he was having a whale of a time in America and was far too busy to write blog posts. Then he told me about how I could get a really cheap flight to where he was. So I did.

When I arrived I found he was living in this weird comics-reading-hippy-commune, which was pretty cool. I also realised that we were really close to New York and that the New York Comicon was on this weekend.
'Damn,' I thought, 'I haven't even brought any business cards.'

Dan really is in New York this weekend for the Comicon.
I'm not, due to the financial realities of being me.

Friend and comics-making-genius Gordon Johnston sent me a link to How D'Israeli Drew Leviathan, which is both interesting reading and a great advert for graphics tablets.
I have one and I like it too.

(Talking about comics geniuses, it is universally acknowledged that Mr D'Israeli/Brooker is onee and he has a blog you should be reading if you're not.)

And I'm not sure where I found this, but the Cartoonist's Business Plan is a great guide to the economics of drawing for a living, which I wish I'd read three years ago.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...