- Half price roses – get your half price roses here. Six pound per dozen.
- Excuse me…
- Yesterday you were selling twelve roses for thirty pounds.
- Tha’s right.
- But half of thirty is fifteen…
- Indeed, sir. Your grasp of the mathematics is to be admired.
- So why are you pretending that you were selling your roses for only twelve pounds yesterday?
- Because if I remind any of these gentlemen passing that they paid thirty quid for a dozen flowers that’ll last no more than a day or two, they’ll probably burst into tears and that’ll put off today’s customers.
- You think that’s likely?
- Only one day of the year a man’s mad enough to shell out that sort o’ money. Paid for my holiday to Barbados this year it ‘as.
- I’ll take six.
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Hello my neglected friends... Busy, busy, busy week at Baillie Mansions... Speaking of which - if you change your religion on Facebook do...
The Sun newspaper finally does something to justify its existence after only 43 years. Gaz Topp is actually spelled 'Gaz Top' and ...
So this Monday was Hourly Comics Day . I did one, but didn't quite finish it until the next day, when I realised that I hadn't real...
THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...