Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Just received my complementary tickets for next weekend’s Comics Expo in Bristol. Many thanks to Mike Allwood, the organiser, who is a gent of the highest order, and without whom we probably wouldn’t have a comics festival / expo / convention in the UK this year outside of the small press gatherings.

I’m led to believe that there are three tiers of comics professional attending the Expo, and the associated ProCon on the Friday, this year. Guys like Michael J Straczynski (Babylon 5) are in the top tier, getting their transport and accommodation paid for them. Then there are the middle tier creators who get one or the other, or assitance with both. And then there are the bottom tier folks – who get a free ticket. Which might sound like I’m complaining – I’m not. I’m boasting!
Finally… I’m on the ladder!

Maybe there’s a fourth tier, but to be honest I can’t think of anyone who’s less famous than me…

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...