Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ask not what you can do for your body clock; ask what your body clock can do for you.

I’m a great believer in letting your body decide how much sleep you need. It should know. It uses sleep to help repair any damage you’ve done yourself, regain energy, process things that need to be processed. And seven (or six and a half) hours usually isn’t enough.
If I feel like an afternoon nap, I’ll have one. If I feel like turning off the alarm and staying in bed for another hour… I’ll do just that.

The flip side of that is that if, for some unfathomable reason, my body decides it only wants five hours sleep then I’ll get up, thank it for the extra few hours awake I’ll have today, and write a Journal entry, rather than lie in bed awake, wishing I was asleep.

And with that rather long and unwieldy sentence I’m going to go and get on with some work.

Good morning.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...