Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I’ve just come back from seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 and, even though its obviously heavy bias means that it is as far removed from documentary is possible, it’s still very powerful stuff.

What really struck me was that, yet again, we’re hearing a tale of a greedy and spineless upper-class sending working class men and women (or in some cases boys and girls) to their deaths in foreign lands, while the middle classes applaud and congratulate themselves on their unswerving patriotism.

And (to change tone abruptly in a post for the second time in as many days) Arthur Smith - who provides my favourite material weekly in The Stage - writes a very funny guide for country folk visiting cities, for the BBC, in response to the recently published countryside code.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...