Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Bristol 2004 Comics Festival, I think all in attendance would agree, was a rip-roaring success.

I had two personal goals for the festival this year, get my comics into the hands of more people and have a good time. I managed both with little effort.

I met up with lots of familiar faces, and made some new friends too. Special mentions should go out to Al Davidson and Maggie, Big ‘Ganjaman’ Jim (who went awol in the bar at some point and I never got a chance to say bye – see you in Glasgow next month if you’re reading this!), Merlin and Paul (I still haven’t bought Blankets…), Smallzone Sean, Adrian ‘Just 1 Page’ Brown (the most popular man in Bristol), Martin ‘The O Men’ Eden, Grant ‘Pest Control’ Springford, Roger Langridge (thanks for the t-shirt), Gordon Johnston (well I saw his comics, I couldn’t find the man himself…), Al Ewing, Red Eye Baz, Rex Rudi (THE BEST Norwegian band I know – bar none!) and last – but by no means least – Mr Chris Staros.

Of the 400 or so copies of Scribe and Awkward Fascination I took with me I returned with ten. If you’re one of the current owners (proud or otherwise) of one of these, feel free to drop me a mail and let me know what you think.

And, as always, the sun was splitting the trees.
Which is just as well because the White Horse the next day wouldn’t have been half as glorious in torrential rain.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...