Friday, May 15, 2009

This year's Bristol Expo was a resounding success despite impending financialgeddon and the inevitable downsizing that brought. In fact I enjoyed it so much I wrote a seven-point evaluation for downthetubes here. There was only room to run a couple of photos so I thought I'd post some others here. These mostly taken at Mallory's absolutely fantastic adjacently-run SPExpo, which I've heard will be returning next year.




Tim Keable draws West LIVE! for fans



Phil 'Ninja Bunny' Spence and Claire 'Bogus Baby' Power



Those crazy cats at Itch Manga - Dan Hartwell, Karen Reubens and Willie Hewes



The inimitable Los Bros Goodman



The Godfathers of UK Indy comics - Paul Rainey and Peet! Clack



Dave West of Accent UK, the only publishers in Britain with a proper business plan!



Team Murky Depths caught on a break!



Accent UK's second outpost back at the Ramada - see, I told you they had a plan!



Selina holds fort at the Factor Fiction table while Jay parties at the SP Expo




Andy Winter, standing strong against charges of misogyny
(He is later heard threatening to take a critic round the back
and misogynise them if they don't write him a good review.
That's all you need to know about the small press right there!)

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...