Saturday, July 09, 2005

I just heard about the bombings in London. I hope no one reading this was hurt or knows anyone who was.

It's very strange sitting in a hotel on the other side of the world watching a tube station a mile from my house in London being evacuated.
I remember how London felt in the hours after 9/11. TV cameras crews had set up beside the Wharf and Tower 42. Everyone went home early and sat, glued to their televisions.

I've heard that Londoners have taken the strikes in their stride. I suppose London is not unfamiliar with terrorism after the bombings of the 80s and 90s.
It reminds me of stories I heard about the people of Thailand after the tsunami hit - just getting on with their lives as if it had never happened.
The disaster was now in the past and the past can't hurt you.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...