Saturday, February 05, 2005

I’ve been mastering irony today:
I’ve been reading articles about how to stop procrastinating, by way of procrastination. There are so many articles dedicated to this subject on the web (ranging from the deeply metaphysical to the dryly academic) that one could postpone one’s work indefinitely by reading them all.

I’ve had a strange week.
I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather - a combination of a cracked tooth, which nags and throbs the closer I get to the dental appointment which promises to fix it, and a bout of seasonally affected lethargy.
I can’t wait for the sun to come back.
As a result I’ve been working at quite a slow pace and with much less vigour than I’d like. I’ve also seen something like ten films this week, three of which were in a cinema.
I’ll be seeing another four or so tonight.

I’ve made it outside of the house a few times, most notable to attend what I think was the UK Premiere of Steam Boy, which was definitely worth it.

I’m trying to force my body clock out of synch by about nine or ten hours because tonight is the Anime All Nighter at the Curzon Soho, which takes place between midnight and 9am tomorrow morning. For the last couple of days I’ve been stretching my waking hours over the part of the morning usually reserved for breakfast, in the hope that I won’t do what I did last year and snooze through the last couple of features.
I’ve also stuffed myself with MSG from the local Chinese eatery.
Which probably wasn’t a great idea.

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...