Friday, January 16, 2004

Hello again - just a quick round up of things before I retire for the weekend...

My favourite quote of the week came from Ms Britney Spears. After the farce of her 55 hour long wedding to childhood buddy Jason Alexander, she was asked by an MTV interviewer if she still had feelings for her groom:
"I don't know. That's a very personal question. But I do have a video coming out and it's very cool."
The case for the prosecution rests.

My favourite cartoon of the week, was a take on the 'first against the wall when the revolution comes' idea. In this case it was estate agents and they were first against an attractive, south facing wall.
Well, it made me laugh. I can't remember where I saw it or who it was, unfortunately.

In the wake of a Government report proclaiming mobile phones to be 'ummm... probably safe' and quickly lumping mobile phone masts in along with them, there has been a surge of interest in the work of Dr Gerard Hyland, a member of staff in the Department of Physics at Warwick University whose (one year old and publicly available) studies don't quite agree.
Apparently the Government report only discussed the thermal effects of electromagnetic fields generated by the masts on humans, while it's the non-thermal effects which are concerning and throw doubt on whether masts should be anywhere near residential areas.

As someone said on the radio yesterday 'the [nearby] mast sends my television reception bonkers, so goodness knows what it's doing to my insides'.

I'm going to try be home next Tuesday evening to watch the BBC Four documentary on Sheena McDonald, a Scottish television journalist who was knocked down by a police van speeding down the wrong side of the road four years ago. She talks about it on the BBC web site today and it sounds like it could be really interesting
Speaking of BBC Four, I've been contacted by a someone from that very channel about the possibility of doing some comics work for a programme they're doing this year. Crossed fingers and whispered prayers much appreciated.

Right - I'm off to eat some lunch.
Have a good weekend - and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

No comments:

THE BLOG IS DEAD (I mean the blog as a medium. This blog is merely sleeping.) I really miss writing the blog so I'm determined ...